Top 5 Affiliate Marketers Mistakes
- May 31, 2018
- by Uliana_Moreva
- Reviews: 0
It doesn’t matter how long you are in the business, if you are a guru or a newbie, mistakes can catch you every time and at every stage of your activity. Sometimes you may think that one or two missing activities will not change a lot, but you are mistaken.
The business itself is the chain with dozens, hundreds or thousands process and activities and in case of missing at list one, your chain will be broken. Today we decided to discuss the most popular affiliates mistakes that surely have an influence on the business and on the traffic growing.
1. Understanding of your niche.
If someone claiming that Affiliate business an easy and fits for the fast money making – close your ears, seems the person is trying to sell you a training. That business not an easy and as a must to understand the niche you are planning to work in. On course it is important to have a wish and ambition to develop your business opportunity, but what is more important is to understand the specifics of the niche you are planning to take and here a couple of reasons why: There are three types of niches on the market:
- High Competition Niches. The product of this niche is the most popular, such as Diet products. You might see a lot of advertising related to weight loss on the internet. If you don’t have a huge budget you are better to avoid this niche. Even Amazon advice to make an afresh in case you already started the site in the highly competitive niche.
- Medium Competition Niches. As an example of Medium Competition niches – Products for home (home appliances niche), vacuum cleaners and ect. You surely can rank among them, but it takes a lot of efforts and money. So, I wouldn’t advise that niche for newbies.
- Low Competition Niches. Here we go to the last, but the most promising type of the nice. The best thing about that type is that even newbies can find a niche and create their site. But again, there no zero-competitive niche existing as a such. I adore what Amazon wrote about why such niche is still existing:
"There are two primary reasons why low competition niches still exist - Firstly, they haven't been discovered by the big players yet. Secondly, they discovered them but found their earning potential to be too less to invest their efforts. You need to keep in mind that, even though $1K a month might be negligible for the big guns, it's an awesome amount for a beginner. Now, you know the standard level of competition and you must understand what niche is the most suitable for you, relating to your budget, possibilities, and interest."
2. Promoting low-quality products
First of all you shouldn't forget that your site\store\app has the certain level of trust. When you just have started to promote the product, your level of trust is zero and the only chance to increase it – satisfy buyer and loyalty partners. Your purpose shouldn’t be «to sell», it should sound like «to sell the useful\quality product». Yes, both ways can bring you money for the first time, but only the second option will support your business in the future and here is a reason why:
In case promoting product will be a low quality, a buyer will get a negative impression about the source advised him to buy it, so you will lose the buyer and traffic will be going down.
For example, you come to your favorite blog and see an amazing review about expensive, but super effective shampoo made only from natural components and helps from the alopecia. You spend money, buy the product, but after some time of use, you see that the problem is only decreasing, and shampoo doesn’t help. Will you get back to the blog, that advised you to buy shampoo? I guess no. And this is leading us to the next item:
3. Trusted affiliate network
It is very important to choose the trusted partner for the product promotion and not only because if the product quality, but especially because of the financial side. It is always better to spend your attention on the biggest Affiliate networks and the oldest ones, and here a couple of reasons why:
- Fewer hands offer. The camping can have 1 redirect, from the developer to the Network or may have more than 4 and it highly influence on the quality of traffic you send, because it mixes at the Network stage.
- Better Pay Outs. The fewer hands offer, the better PO you will have. Of course, some networks can reduce the price, so here you can use Offers Aggregators such as Affbank, to check the PO coming from other Networks.
If you would like to learn more about methods of choosing the affiliate partner, you can read our article «How to choose a Network to start Affiliate Marketing».
4. Building an email blast
A lot of marketer’s relay only on the search engine traffic and forget to build the email blast and that is one of the biggest mistakes.
The first you should do – collect an email address and build your own base for the email. Of course, you shouldn’t forget about keywords traffic, but this is about attracting the users to your site and this is only the first step and you have to return them after a pass through.
Email blast – stable auditory and a traffic pocket for you. Have you written an article? Let them know, send the mail!
5. Product description
Here I would say that no description – no sales. There are a lot of reasons why and the main - description is the first and the most important tool for convincing the user to buy, use or subscribe. But in this part, we will look at the point from the SEO side.
Search Engine Optimization is unbelievably imperative for advertisers. When you streamline your site pages - including your blog posts - you're making your site more ultimate to individuals who are entering keywords related to your item. Here are pros of having the unique description of the product:
- Targeting traffic with long-tale keywords. Incorporating long-tail keywords in your blog posts can help you maximize your organic traffic.
- Increasing site rank in Google and Yandex, based on the keywords used in the review the relevance of the site in front of request increasing and rank become higher.
- Increasing the attendance. The higher ranking your site, the bigger audience you will have.
That is not the full list of possible mistakes, but we took the most popular and the most important, that might hurt your business.
Want to make money with Affiliate Marketing? Join to Affbank!
Interested in learning more about affiliate marketing?
Read the following articles:
How to Start in Affiliate Marketing: an Easy Step-by-Step Guide
Affiliate Marketing Glossary
What are ROI, ROMI and ROAS?
How to choose the right offers for your traffic?
How to choose a Network to start Affiliate Marketing
Mobile Affiliate Marketing Tiers Explained
How to improve your PPC campaign?
Why do you need to use an Ad Spy Service?
How to Be a Successful Affiliate Marketer with Native Advertising
How to plan the budget for promotion?
To be updated on the last changes on the market, follow us in social media.
July 28, 2021
Get higher profit with nutra offers from Everad! Read the article to learn all about varicose niche...Read more
July 22, 2021
DYNU IN MEDIA invites everyone to join their affiliate network. Read the article to learn how to mon...Read more
July 20, 2021
Always wanted to promote mobile apps? There are more than 200 CPI/CPA offers in BoomCPI, a mobile ma...Read more